Do you have your e-commerce website or app? Or you may be thinking of launching your brand new e-commerce business.
However, you should know that the design and UX required for this industry are quite attractive and eye-catching. Therefore, in this article, we have listed Pro Tips To Boost Your E-commerce Business.
Of course, startup entrepreneurs and business owners want to increase their sales. For that, they must know the design trends and the latest technologies used for mobile app development. So, let us discuss tips and tricks that you can apply to your e-commerce platform.
Similarly, are you running your e-commerce business through the website? If yes, you may need to develop a mobile app for your business.
That app must look the same as your website and have an attractive user interface. So, we are sharing tips that help to increase the conversation rate of your business.
What Are The Tips To Boost E-commerce Business?
In the next sections, we have shared tips for both Technical and Non-Tech tasks of your e-commerce business. So, let us start with the best tip.
Adopt Thumb-Friendly Zone:
Do you know what a Thumb-Friendly Zone is? In simple words, it means to arrange everything properly. You can place elements of your apps in specific locations. So, they help ease the process for users.
However, you can also say the layout of your app should not be complex to understand. Otherwise, users can’t perform the tasks conveniently.
Your Thumb-Friendly Zone can provide users with all functions handy. So, they don’t have to navigate through stuff to find a call to action button quickly. The following examples can be helpful to understand Thumb-Friendly Zone Layout.
- Add the product to the cart from its screen.
- Proceed to pay from the current screen.
- Make transactions from the payment page.
- Delete items from the cart.
- Save items for the latter.
- View saved items.
- Navigate through similar products.
Minimalist To The Point Design:
While thinking of mobile app development, you may have hundreds of ideas on design. So, some developers try to incorporate everything they imagined. But any mobile app needs minimal design and to-the-point information. Of course, you don’t have to feed unnecessary stuff to the users. So, keep the user interface simple yet attractive.
You don’t need to include complicated information. Still, the following points are considerable.
- Use the material design for Android and human interface guidelines for iOS.
- Keep color schemes simple.
- Design a standard layout and activity for all products and categories.
- Keep user interface standard (throughout for all activities).
- Keep eyes on spacing and mismatches.
- Each product must have a product description but to the point.
- Don’t include activities that don’t look like your app’s activity.
Quick Register/Signup/Checkout Processes:
Do you enjoy the platform that has long processes for creating a profile and checking out? No! Similarly, no users like to go through a lengthy process.
They feel insecure in a lengthy process. Moreover, if you don’t need to take the customer details, don’t ask. If the customer is making purchases, then and only then, you need to Know Your Customers (KYC).
Additionally, you must keep the checkout and payment procedures simple and quick. Otherwise, customers may change their minds. If so, your conversation rate decreases. In short, avoid lengthy forms and pages before signing up, registration, checking out, and payment. However, e-commerce apps include the following for the customers.
- Share on social media.
- Read reviews and feedback.
- The number of units sold and left.
- Keep offers visible and custom.
- Let users give their reviews.
- Allow users to save items for future purchases.
Tap – Tap – Tap Rule:
Do you know about the three-tap rule? It says that you should limit those steps to three to reach the product that users want. That’s why e-commerce platforms have three steps. It includes Categories, Subcategories, and Products. So, users can find their products quickly. However, you can use tags to arrange products too.
Without any doubt, the search bar is a useful element to avoid these steps. Still, companies can quickly use the three-tap rules for e-commerce mobile app development.
Consistency Of Smart App:
Of course, one of the smart tips for smart app development is to keep the app consistent. However, you might be thinking about what it means. So, here we have explained.
You can see any e-commerce apps have similar elements that behave the same for all the products. Also, it looks almost the same. You can make your app consistent in the following three ways.
- Keep visuals consistent like color schemes, looks, and buttons.
- You must add consistent interactive elements like buttons and navigations throughout the app. So, it’s your functional consistency.
- You must include all the same design patterns for products. It’s external consistency.
Do you think about how to start smart mobile app development? It is one of the ways to do it. You must focus your navigation options on the center. Still, the following points can decide if your navigation option is ok or not.
Your navigation option should let the user explore the app quickly. So, we have listed a few points that you can keep in mind.
- You have to add standard elements and still make it unique.
- Use simple and eye-catching UX/UI.
- Your navigation pattern must be clear and easy to understand.
- You can add zoom-in and zoom-out options.
- Keep the navigation visible every time.
If you have read and understood all six tips, you must plan for your e-commerce business. If so, you can have a quick recall of the points we have discussed. We discussed that you must keep everything in the Thumb-Friendly Zone.
Your app must have quick registration, profile set-up, checkout, and payment procedures. It also needs to have consistency throughout the layouts.
You must add products according to the app’s consistency. Let users navigate quickly and entirely. Thus, if you have clearly understood the tips to boost your e-commerce sales, you are ready to launch your app. If you need a mobile app development company, you can hire one. So, you can start your business without extra effort.